Olga Abramova is a pastel artist, based in Moscow, Russia.
She chooses soft pastel as the main medium for her work, combining it with acrylic, charcoal, gouache and other materials.
The main idea of her paintings is retention of human sensory experience in these accelerating times.
She is immersed in meditation-like scenes where time is present. Time reflects on everyday objects and light spots and turns into compositions, which create a new reality, quickly changing and disappearing.
She is looking for moments of quiet contemplativeness, that’s why most of her paintings are made in soft color range, which catches the viewer, leaving him alone with his mood.
In her searching she leaned on impressionists, tonalists and symbolists – those, who put inside there artwork something more than realistic plot, weaving their feelings into color shapes.
Learning from: James McNeill Whistler, Jean-Édouard Vuillard, Edgar Degas, Vilhelm Hammershøi, Andrew Wyeth, Gwen John, Wolf Kahn, Alexander Benois and others, she was seeking out means for her own artistic language.
Olga’s artworks feature lucid composition, subtle colors and emotional intension. The artist’s paintings have a lot of awards and are exhibited at Russian and international art shows in joint and personal projects. The artist has taken part in over 50 exhibitions all over the world. Olga’s paintings are in private collections of Russia, Europe, USA, Taiwan and in museum collection in China.
Olga is a co-founder and has been President of National Pastel Society of Russia since 2018. She has Master Circle status with International Association of Pastel Societies – IAPS/MC. She is a member of Pastel Society of America (PSA), Pastel Society of Turkey, Pastel Society of Italy (PASIT), International Art Foundation (IAF).
Olga is a teacher of original courses in drawing. She teaches in Russia and abroad.
Her book “Pastel” was released in Russia by publishing house EKSMO. The book is based on 20 years of artistic experience. The artist’s interview and paintings have been published in the Pastel Journal, the Pratique des Arts and other journals.
Olga’s academic background includes a Master’s Degree in Graphic Design (teacher of art) from Moscow State Open Pedagogical University and a Master’s Degree in Textile Design (Honors Diploma) from Moscow Academy of Design and Applied Arts.
In 2000 she defended her diploma in pastel technique, describing the history and possibilities of the material.
- 6th Master Circle Division of the IAPS Gallery Exhibition. Zhou B, Art Center in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Coming soon
- “Moscow Pastel”. Exhibition Hall of the MUA, Starosadsky 5/8, Moscow, Russia.
- Pastel Exhibition. Italian Pastel Society PASIT. Online. Golden Award in the category ‘landscape-still life’.
- Pastel Exhibition. Arizona Pastel Artist Association. Online. First Place Award.
- Pastel Exhibition. Pastel Artists of New Zealand PANS. Online. First Place Award.
- 37th Juried Pastel Exhibition IAPS. USA. Online. Golden Award.
- “De Profundis”. Joint Exhibition of NPS and MUA. Exhibition Hall of MUA, Starosadsky 5/8, Moscow, Russia.
- 36th IAPS Juried Pastel Exhibition. Dunedin, Florida, USA.
- 5th Pastel Exhibition of NPS. Gallery “Exposed”, Moscow, Russia.
- International Exhibition of Pastels. Pastel Art Promotion Association of Taiwan PAPAT, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Winter Dakota Pastels Competition. USA. Online. Honorable Mention.
- 34th Juried Pastel Exhibition IAPS. Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. Golden Award.
- 2nd Exhibition of NPS “Between Line and Color”. Gallery “Exposed”, Moscow, Russia.
- Salon International du Pastel. Yerres, France.The 100th Аnniversаry of China Pastel. China. The painting is in museum collection.
- ARTLIFE FEST. Art Exhibition at the Festival. Moscow, Russia.
- Salon du Pastel en Bretagne. Fougeres, Bretagne, France. Award “Le Geant des beaux arts”.
- 19th Festival International du Pastel de Feytiat. France. Award “Le Coup de Coeur 2019 de la ville de Feytiat”.
Book “Пастель. Полное руководство для художников“. Publishing house “EKSMO”, 2020
Pastel Journal, “A Russian Renaissance”, 2020
Pratique des Arts magazine. Pastel “Recréer la réalité”, 2019
Pratique des Arts magazine. Pastel “La poésie du pissenlit”, 2017
IN/EX. Новый взгляд на дом и сад, «Воздушный синий» 04/2016
Аль-Асыль, художественный журнал Сирии, Интервью №2007-39
Художественный совет. “Нарисуйте запах” №3/19, 2002